From:
Weasel_Wardancer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:16:11 -0700
I lost little Bupkes to the Rainbow Bridge after a year and a half of
fighting insulinoma.  This last spell hit him extremely hard and I just
told him not to fight it any more and find his peace.  I held him close
and with teary kisses to his head felt him slip quietly into that sweet
angel's repose.  I'm having him cremated and placing him in Benny 'Da
Weasel' Gambini's urn.  I got a rose quartz pyramid used for large dogs
from my vet so there is plenty of room for both.  I have had others die
but only three that have been especially heartbreaking for me to lose,
Benny, Rodney and Bupkes.

Benny was my Alpha ferret, my very first rescue and lived to be almost 10
years old.  In his old age, Benny was blind and deaf so he didn't like
being out much unless held.

Rodney was my little crippled ferret.  His previous owner never took him
to a vet after their child stepped on Rodney and crushed his pelvis.  By
the time I got him, about four months later, the injury was too old to
correct.  He could only drag his hind legs behind himself.

Sandee, could you please tell me if Rodney is whole?  Can he finally
walk, run and wardance?  He loved and tried so hard to wardance, but
could only pivot in circles on his front legs.  Still, Rodney was so
full of life, so full of love that even though he was crippled his eyes
sparkled with joy.

Bupkes was a Calif.  rescue with two other ferrets, Skittles and Mickey,
both are also over the Rainbow Bridge.  He was the last of the three
Calif.  musketeers.  But Bupkes had this way about him; he was like a
nurse or caretaker, almost spiritual in a way.  Bupkes would become very
attached to my sick ferrets like Benny in his old age and Rodney.  When
Benny became blind, Bupkes would help guide him around when out of his
cage, like a Seeing Eye ferret.  Bupkes would protect Benny and Rodney;
sleep with them to make sure they were warm and made sure they could get
to food and water.

Sandee, please help Bupkes find his friends.  When Benny passed 2 years
ago, poor little Bupkes missed him terribly.  He would search his cage
constantly looking for him.  When Rodney passed, Bupkes would take his
favorite little blue Teddy bear and sleep with it.  He would not let any
other ferret touch it as if keeping it safe for when Rodney returned.
Also, the gang includes Fizzgig, Pywacket and Chaos.

Weasel_Wardancer
And the AZ Hidey-Hole gang, Nanners, Lokki, Valhalla, Mickey II, Bandit
and the girls, Miranda and Fayette.
Dearly Departed, Benny 'Da Weasel' Gambini, Rodney, Bupkes, Skittles,
Mickey, Fizzgig, Pywacket and Chaos.