From:
Kim Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 07:12:44 EST
>Now I am sure there are many different animals out there that could be
>considered dangerous.  Like goats.... I can remember owning goats as a
>small child.  I can also remember being tossed over a fence because of
>turning my back to one of them.  How about roosters?  I can remember
>having to carry a stick to get from the car to my house door.  Not a
>single one of these animals were put down cause of their, what we could
>call faults.

HA!  My son nearly had his head bashed in by goats.  He was sitting on a
bench in the petting zoo.  I was taking his picture.  Two goats got up,
and tried to butt heads, with HIS head between them!  I nearly dropped
my camera, but I yanked him off the bench just as their heads crashed.
Talk about what could have been a freak accident!  Or, maybe, goats are
vicious, and dangerous!

We have chickens.  We DID put down our rooster a year ago.  He was a
naaaasty piece of work.  But, my son was always in trouble for tormenting
it.  He'd kick the fence, the rooster would charge.  Thought it was a
great game, until he got his butt busted.  Then he was afraid to go into
the yard while the chickens were loose.  Rocky, the rooster, attacked from
behind.  he was a coward.  I would bend over to get the newspaper from
the end of the drive, and he'd come running up behind me.  I bopped him
with the Sunday a few times.  When he got to the point you had to stun
him to get away from him, and he tried to put my boyfriend's eyes out by
jumping out of a tree onto his face, that way the end.  Anecdotally, one
day before that I heard a child screaming, and ran outside to see my
neighbor's grandson running hell bent for leather.  His grandpa was nearly
convulsing with laughter.  Seems he grew up around a rooster like Rocky
and found it funny.  I beat Rocky away from the grandson with a stick.  I
felt so awful having to fight with this animal who I used to carry around
like a pet and who would croon when I ruffled his feathers.  He had a son
who was hatched not too long after his demise, and MY son has never went
near him, having learned his lesson.  Junior is as docile as could be :o)
I've had a ferret who would bite me and latch on, and shake.  He was a
rescue.  You never knew when he would be that way.  but it was usually
around bath time, or nail trimming time.  Other than that he was usually
okay.  Turns out he was a man's ferret.  hated women.  And especially
women who cut his nails or try to bathe him!

Kim Wolf
Mystyx Samoyeds, Ferrets and Rescue
of Galloway, Ohio
www.mystyxcritters.com