From:
Danielle Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:53:09 +1100
Hi Carrie,

Ollie my little boy, just loves (and I mean LOVES) playing in his water
dish and the dogs water dish AND the cats water dish!!

In the beginning I thought this was strange as I was told ferrets don't
like water, but Ollie says different.

To keep his cage clean and dry I have gotten him one of the upside down
water bottles that you get for rabbits etc. They hang upside down and
have a thin metal steam that sits in the cage. There is a ball bearing
in the metal steam that stops the water pouring out. When the fuzzbutt
licks the steam his tounge pushes on the ball bearing letting the water
out.

One warning, make sure you full the bottle all the way to the top, other
wise it will drip.

Other than that I would just let him play.  Making sure, of course, that
there's a towel handy so they can dry themselves.

Danni & Oliver 'Ollie' Twist
The ferret who always wants more!