From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 10:37:08 -0600
>From:    Jose Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Need Duck Soup Recipe for Picky Fert
>
>I have a 6 year old fuzzy who recently developed insulinoma.  She
>currently is on Prednisolone.  Along with having hind-end weakness, and
>some hair loss at the tip of her tail, she has some muscle atrophy and is
>losing so much weight...all though she eats a lot (Totally Ferret/Eukanuba
>kitten mix).  I have tried various duck soup recipes to try and get her
>more protein and less carbs, and also for weight gain, but she will have
>nothing to do with any of them...she won't even eat any baby food of any
>kind.  She does love her ferretone though!  Anyone have any good
>ideas/recipes they used for their picky ferts?

I've had good luck with a mix of chicken baby food, heavy whipping cream
and Ferretone.  I mix 1 tbsp of heavy whipping cream with 1/2 a crushed
Lactaid tablet, add 1 tbsp Gerbers #2 Chicken and a tsp of Ferretone.  It
helps to warm it just a little in the microwave.  You may have to squirt
it into your ferret's mouth with a syringe the first time or two until it
gets used to the taste.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you honest-to-God believe that Ted Nugent rules.