From:
Kathy Mckinley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:20:54 -0800
Hi
Hugs and dooks to all!

I have a question and am hoping some one out there has had the same
experience.......

My fert Spaz has been diagnosed with Lymposarcoma.  He is currently on
Pred and doing very well.  I took him to the vet to get his annual
distemper shot and my vet (great vet, love her) said she didn't want to
give him his shot since he had been diagnosed with lymphosarcoma.  She
said that his immune system is compromised with the cancer and further
compromised with the Pred, and giving him the distemper shot may actually
make him sicker.  She said that she wanted to do some research and said
that Spaz may have enough antibodies from his last year's vacine to cover
him for a few years.  Has anyone else heard of this?  I am worried because
he is harness trained and we go for walks all the time.  I thought that
distemper could be picked up from the road, your shoes, etc.  This worries
me because I don't want him to get distemper on our walks.  Anyone have
any suggestions?  Anyone know how I can ask this question of Dr. Williams?
Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Kate and the Spaz monster