From:
Caterina Venturelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:03:27 -0600
I am glad to tell that Gigio did fine, and the two epithelial tumors
have been removed.  The ugliest one, that over his eye, was actually the
easiest, a bit unconfortable to stitch and as a result his ear is a bit
pulled by the stitches.  The other one, on his side, was deeper and
larger inside that it first seemed to be.  This one caused him to lose a
round patch of skin of about 2.5 cm of diameter.  The tumors will be send
to the lab to know what kind were they.  Now I will be busy taking care
that he won't try to scratch the wounds and break the skin before it
heals.

The vet used isoflurane, but first administered Acepromazine as
preanesthetic.  I have heard that this is not necesary and that it is
possible to go directly to the gas.  He also got his melatonin implant.

Thank you for listening and for your support.  I appreciate it
enormously.

Best regards and kisses to all your fuzzies for me.

Cathie.