From:
Karen Poehlein-Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:15:35 -0500
As a lot of you know, we have been caring for an old blind ferret for
the past 9 months.  Originally when we took her she wasn't suppose to
live for more than a couple weeks but that 2 weeks has stretched into
9 beautiful loving months.  Maggie is just about gone and it is
heartbreaking at the idea of having to give her up but I have created
something called "Maggie's Legacy".  Even though Maggie has meant so much
to my husband and I, I want her to be able to leave something behind.

You can read more about it at my web site but basically it is for older
ferrets that get left behind and passed over for adoption in shelters,
rescues, and sanctuaries.  For any shelter, rescue, or sanctuary who
would like to participate, they can send me a pix and a brief bio of
their oldster and I will post it on my web site.  People can look them
over and pick an older angel they would like to sponsor.  The ferret
will of course remain in the care of the shelters but with sponsorship,
adoptive moms and dads can send them a new piece of bedding, a toy,
their favorite treat, donate a few bucks towards their medical care,
and they can be made to feel the special little ferret they are.

I hope you will stop by and have a look and read Maggie's story, she
was the inspiration for all this.

The URL for the site is:
http://maggieslegacy.lighthousetuffy.com/index.html

Karen