Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 07:01:53 -0500
2 days ago I was notified of a small ferret in PetSupermarket that was
an extreme biter. I talked to the manager and he was going to call
Marshall's to see if he could surrender him to me since he had bit a
few people in the store. They did thankfully.

The biting isn't the problem. That can be resolved with lots of love
and attention. What the problem is are his ears. This little guy has
what looks like frost bite all around the edges of his ears. It's black
and crusty. Looks like dead skin. Either that or he had been chewed on
as a baby. Even looks like part of his outer ears are missing, chewed
off. Poor little guy!! He's been at the pet store, hasn't been adopted
out so no one could of done this to him. I think Marshall's is located
in NY right? Could frost bite be a problem? What could be done about
this? I am curious since I have never come across this before. He has a
vet appointment on Friday so we will see what the vet says. If anyone
could help me with this it would be much appreciated. I can try and
take some pics if he'll hold still enough and not bite my finger off
in the process :)

Please visit our web site and see our 1st raffle!! We got a new raffle
prize in from Katrina!!
Http://floridaferrets.webs.com/fallraffle.htm

I would also like to thank everyone who participated in the card
exchange. Receiving cards has been such a pleasant surprise.

Kim
Stinky Pete's Ferret Retreat
http://floridaferrets.webs.com/