From:
Lawrence Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 23:36:48 -0400
I enjoy Modern Ferret and have been a subscriber from the beginning.  I
find the magazine helpful in many areas and applaud Mary and Eric for
their hard work.

Now, with that said, I wish to address the Halloween issue.  I think it was
in poor taste.  I also understand that is was "fake", and don't think that
was ever an issue.  It's simply, (in "MY" opinion), in poor taste.  I also
did an informal poll.  The magazine was shown to five different people,
ranging in age and backgrounds.  None of the "test" group liked the
centerfold and other related photos.  They felt it was too gross and tacky
to be in such a quality magazine.  They did think the ferret in the mouth
of the t-rex was acceptable.

It seems that there is a fine line here.  I realize the issue is about
"taste" and personal opinion.  That's ok.  I'm all for this right.
However, Modern Ferret is providing a service to a diverse group of people
with perhaps one common denominator, ferrets, and should be mindful of such
extremes.

I will continue to subscribe to this fine magazine even though I am
disappointed in the choices they made for the centerfold, etc.  I don't
want to see them out of business.  I do believe they truly care for our
ferret friends, just poor taste this time.  It's MY opinion.  I realize
there are as many opinions on this subject as there are photos of Mary and
her hair colors!  (Humor!  No offense intended!)

Best wishes to Mary and Eric in their efforts.  Thank you for an over all
great magazine!

Sincerely,

Tequita Williamson
Ferret Haven