Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:48:37 -0400
Bridge Greeters,

Please look for two of my babies who have crossed the bridge recently.
One is Peanut, she passed a month ago but I haven't had the heart to
post about her. She was the last of a group of 6 that I took from a
friend's son who could no longer care for them properly. She had been
with me a little over two years. The first time I ever met Peanut and
her group she bit me. Thankfully this behavior changed over the years
and she ultimately became a sweetheart with attitude. I would often
look down at the floor and find Peanut standing at my feet with her
head tilted upward and looking at me with such an intense look that
I really wished I could read ferrety minds and could know what was
going through hers!!! She is truly missed.

The second baby is Sam. I posted about Sam last week asking if anyone
else had a ferret present with similar symptoms as he did. To date
there have been no replies so I hope that means no one else had
experienced this but I wanted to take a few minutes and tell you
about the Sam I knew and loved with all my heart and not just the Sam,
medical mystery. Sam came to me 2 years ago with his buddy Rascal. They
had been in a neglectful home situation and I was so glad to have them.
Sam could go between this mellow little guy to a jumping rambuncious
guy. He was the only one in my group who would allow me to hold him and
kiss on him for any length of time. We had many hours of contentment,
sitting in the rocker, me rocking, him sleeping in my lap. But Sam was
into mischief frequently. He could climb to the top of his cage which
always scared me a lot because the cage is 5 ft tall. I tried various
things to try to keep him from doing that but he always outwitted my
attempts and I still don't know how he did that. He would do it when I
wasn't watching him of course and then he would jump from the top of
the cage onto a day bed that was about 3 ft from the cage, he always
managed a safe landing but frequently he landed on a sleeping bag that
was on the bed and then slid to the floor. Thank goodness for that
bag!! One of my favorite pictures of him is on top of that cage!! His
favorite toy was a large plastic bag that a mattress pad came in. He
would get in that bag and "walk" it across the room. Such a joy to
watch his energy and his glee at doing that.

So, bridge greeters, please check that Peanut found my crew who
preceeded her, especially the group she lived with (Snoopy, Frosty,
Pebbles, Bandit and Precious) and make sure that Sam catches up with
her. And if you can, can you find him a suitable plastic bag to play
with.

Tell them all that I love them and miss them and to let me know
they are doing ok.

Ann and Sam's best bud Rascal.