Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:48:26 -0400
Seti has a funny quirk: he collects books.  Big books, little books,
hardcovers, paperbacks, the one thing that all books have in common is
that apparently they all belong under the bed.  I read scifi/fantasy at
a pretty quick rate, so I always have two grocery bags of books sitting
in the study, one of books I have read waiting to go to the used book
store, one of books I haven't read yet.  One of Seti's favorite pasttimes
is diving into the bags and pulling out books, one at a time, and then
dragging them across two rooms to the bedroom, where he gets them as
close to under the bed as he can, depending on their size.  When he's
reached all that he can out of the bags, he'll start on the lower
shelves, hauling some pretty big hardcovers across the floor.  He is
visibly flustered when I pick up all his books (it reaches a point where
it's hard to step them in the morning) and put them away--aargh!  he
says! so much work to do!  And back to work he goes, putting the books
where they belong.

Now if I could only teach him to drag the books over to the used
bookstore, we'd have a workable system here...

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask]
http://users.rcn.com/badriya/
blog: http://badriya-z.blogspot.com/

"Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let s not go into that.  You re not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right."
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister