From:
Danielle Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 19:43:50 -0600
I need some more help.  As you may have read already, I have a male with ECE
and a failing liver.  I've been told that it shouldn't have hit him this
hard, that he's pretty young.  Well... here is where I need help.  In a
couple of days 2 more of my 4 have become very ill.  One is a male(1 1/2
yrs) and the other is a female (6 months).  The female is usually very
active, we tease her because she's Speedy Gonzalez.  Teeko and the female
have been going to the litter box about every 10 minutes, but very little is
coming out.  The female has been very disoriented after each time of trying,
and Teeko's butt is VERY swollen and bloody.  The other male, Zayner, will
eat and drink a little, but he doesn't move at all after that.  The 3 are on
Sub-Q, Amoxi, and anything that I can force them to eat (Babyfood,
Ducksoup,Nutrical,Suscatal).  The weird things is that the 4th one is
another female, She'ra.  She's 5 yrs old, and had a little sickness in the
beginning, but now she is more hyper and active then ever.  She's put on a
lot of weight lately and is playing more and more.  I thought they were the
ones to be hit hard, not my 3 youngest ones.

Sorry this was so long, but I need some help.  My vet is open to anything I
ask him to try.  Also, I need to know when they're suffering.  Teeko is
getting worse by the minute.  He can't walk, barely open his eyes, he won't
eat...I don't know what to do anymore.  My husband and I need help.  Thank
you!

Danielle and the Gang of 4