From:
"William A. Killian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 00:59:00 -0400
Kelleen wanted to know what to feed five week olds kits....

Find KMR or Esbilac (from same manufacturer) milk replacer.  What we use is
either Hill's Science Diet A/D prescription or Feline Growth canned food.
At five weeks use it straight for a week.  Over the next couple months
gradually add more and more Totally Ferret (or other suitable kibbled food)
until it is mostly kibble in the diet.  Add the milk powder to the food for
a while.  We managed to raise a litter where the mother had to be removed
from them at 5 weeks.

LWJ asked about distemper vaccinations for her isolated ferrets...

CDV can be airborne.  If a sick dog passed by your place while the ferrets
were sunning themselves on your balcony they could be infected.  Nearly 100%
fatal.  Only ferrets I know of to be cured were at a horrendous cost.  Try
the rather inexpensive and actually very safe route - vaccinate.  There is a
major CDV epidemic through out the world.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
mailto:[log in to unmask]  mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.zenferret.com/