From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 05:46:30 -0500
February 2009
Master Largo's News

Possum Senior Reporter
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy watching from Rainbow Bridge

Possum here: Mum asked me to put out a request for binders, boy she
needs to remember that when we ask; we get! Mum has binders now..
Thanks everyone that came to mums aid. WE are back in business. If
there is a first prize in binder donations Mr. Peter gets it!! You
guys rock!

Man we had lots of humans come to our house to play with me!

Suzie Q here: Actually Possum it was a club meeting that had all the
humans here NOT YOU!

Possum here: Well some of them came special to see me! Soooo many
humans! There was food and lots of friends. Lots, was discussed for
club events, ideas were passed around and plans started to fall
together, then Miss Isabella posted a challenge on the FML for
valentines and SOS donations. Miss Mindy and Miss Stephanie got the
club members together at Miss Cathy D. house to make cards for Miss
Isabella. She is getting 82 cards from our club!! I did not get to go!
Mum said she had to stay home to work at her store and take care of us
so I had to stay home to help her work! Miss Cathy D. PLEEEASE come
save me from here!

Suzie Q here: Okay possum stop with the complaints and whining! Miss
Donna Z and Mr. Scott Z came to our house to see mum and hang out with
us. They brought us a new toy! Possum did not even wait for all of us
to see it before she took one of the toys and stashed it under the
cabinet. You need to share Possum! Anyway; Miss Donna Z. and Mr. Scott
Z got to hang out with Dip Stick and Indi they had such a good time
they are going to come back to get the boys so they have a new 4-ever
home!

Possum here: Excuse me Suzzzzzzzzzz I was not done telling my news;
you interrupted me!

Suzie Q here: Then stop complaining and do the news! My name is SUZIE
Q! NOT SUZZZZZZZZZZ!

Possum here: Mum and I want to say a special thank you to Miss Mindy
for taking such good care of our web site, mum used to do it all by
herself and she was having an awful time keeping up with updates. Miss
Mindy stepped in to do that for mum. So thank you Miss Mindy for
keeping our current information up on our site!

I am so so sad; my Forest; the big hunk of fur that worked with Dr. W
and Miss Trish at Performance Foods and lived with Miss April and Mr
Travis has gone to Rainbow Bridge. I miss you big guy; tell Master
Largo and the rest we; from here say hi, we will see you one day soon.
Fly high you big hunk of fur. Did you take my email address with you?

Suzie Q here: MY Turn!! Speaking of Web sites and club events, this is
a special request from me and Possum! The club web site keeps important
information out on the World Wide Web for humans that need to find that
important stuff. The club helps our mum take care of us, and when
needed helps other shelters too; the club dues help pay for that
monthly fee to keep the club site out there and allows us to use group
email to stay connected, and share all our pictures , so if you have
not paid your dues for this year could you please get that to Miss
Stephanie so we do not have to shut the site down? PLEEEASE??? Me and
Possum would sure appreciate it. There have been so many new faces here
at the shelter checking us out to see if there is anyone that they can
take home. We got to play with them on several days. Miss Betty and her
grand kids were here, then Meaghan, Kaitlyn, Joe and little Chestnut
came to visit, they want to get a friend for Chestnut. Oh and we have
new shelter helper Miss Skie is coming on Sundays to help mum take care
of us, she is learning about ferrets. Here is a message from Miss Mindy
about the card Party the club had for TF and SOS

Mindy here: The Card Making Party was a blast!

First I have to say that Cathy D's home is very lovely and was a great
place to hold this. Thank you again Cathy for allowing us to share you
home! Smokey the cat greeted us outside from atop of the watch post
-the blue truck. Sweet Pear kitty even stayed around and kept us
company for the day. Pear took turns watching our supplies and sleeping
with the camera. The other kitties of the home came and checked us out
at least once too. All were very sweet to say hi.

Ping Ping was a huge hit once he was found sleeping inside the cabinet
drawer! What a great big love bug he is. I believe we all got a turn at
loving on him. Gail got her first Ferret French Kiss too! So a giant
thank you goes to Ping Ping as Master Toby and Busy Izzy haven't
learned that one. (though the dog knows that one all too well - but
that's just gross when she does it)

I have to say the well kept secret is out about Stephanie. Her addition
to paper, stamps, cutters and other paper supplies really should become
something the club keeps an eye on. The club may be needed in the time
to come to stop her from Hording all of these. Although they are all
kept in clean organized living spaces, there is no way she can spend
time with each of them every day!

In the end Isabella is getting 82 Valentine Cards from us. That's 82
pounds of ferret food to SOS from one afternoon of us working together!
Things just can't get better then that!

Thank you again to everyone for making this work. I look forward to
doing more things like this with you guys.

Possum here: Yeah see I told you they had fun and they had fun WITHOUT
ME!

Suzie Q here: Oh Possum get over it will you? Now the news is getting
long and we don't want Mr. Big to tell us we can not put this on the
FML so if you have anything else to tell do it now or we are going to
close!

Possum here: yes a couple of more things, one is Mum has retired from
the IFC she said she is getting too old to do so much multi tasking,
she is going to leave that to me because I am so good at it. So mum is
no longer an IFC committee member. Also that shelter in Washington Miss
Lacey said she has her shelter almost complete and the kids back but
she is in need of bedding. Mum sended her a big box but she needs lots
and lots so if you have any to spare will you please send her some for
our cousins that don't have any? Here is the message mum got

Lacey says she still needs bedding, as you can imagine how much bedding
you need for 150 ferrets. If you sew and have some time to put a few
sets together, or if you have a surplus of gently used bedding, Lacey
could really use it. She could also use some toys for the playpens
(tubes, balls, etc).
Lacey Ruddell
11676 Pulver Road
Burlington, WA 98233

Or a cash donation (this shelter is a 5013c), so all cash donations
are tax deductible. Cash donations can be sent by mail, or via paypal
to [log in to unmask]

Suzie Q here: good job Possum! I am proud of you!

Okay until next month
Suzie Q

Possum don't forget me!

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter