From:
Andrea Mercado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:14:06 -0500
>From:    Tina Raider <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: interesting toys?
>Does anyone have suggestions for interesting toys? - maybe your fuzzy has
>a favorite toy?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Corey and I found the neatest toy for our fuzzies: a *plastic* baby
pacifier.  We were at Odd Job Discount looking for potential
low-cost-not-ingestible toys, when we happened upon the baby department.
They had the regular assortment of latex nipples and pacifiers, which we all
know are *not* fert friendly.  However, next to them was an assortment of
hard plastic pacifiers.  I'd imagine that these aren't too pleasant for
little human babies, since they are rather hard, but they were perfect for
our fuzzies, and at only $0.69 for a set of two, it was quite a steal!

We got them home and gave 'em to the kids, and they're *wild* about them.
We use them to play with them, and when they nip us, to show them that the
toy is for nipping, not human fingers.  It's also helpful for the last legs
of teething, I imagine (often, if one of the ferts is sleeping or busy doing
something else, and the other wants to play, they'll sit in the corner and
chew on the pacifier).  It's a good thing we got two!

We have been careful to keep and eye on them and the toy, to make sure they
aren't eating little bits of it, and so far these newfound toys are
stubbornly intact, much to the dismay of our babies.  :) So, look for *hard
plastic*, no latex, no rubber.  Lucy and Gabriel highly recommend them.  :)

Andrea, Corey and the babies
Lucy Furr  "Look mama, I can sit still and cuddle for a whole 5 mins!"
Gabriel     "*Chew*  Every ferret should have a pacifier... just not mine
*chew*"