From:
"Nicole M. Barnes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 12:02:46 -0400
Sorry Jeffrey that I can offer any advice, but Jimi does the same thing.
I only have 1 litter box in his cage and a paper bag in a corner in the
kitchen.  These are the only 2 places he goes, but I would prefer he went
in the box in the cage.  I try to only let him out after I see him go,
but this isn't always possible, so I try playing with him a minute and
then putting him back in to go.  This USED to work.  Now though, no
matter how long I leave him back in the cage, even if I leave the room,
he'll wait until I let him out and then go in the kitchen on the paper
sack.  Its not a big deal--just annoying that he is getting the best of
me.  He also will do a lot of faking in the box if he wants out real bad
when I first come home.  I used to reward him for faking--but now I don't.

Again, any advice would be helpful, and thanks if you've beat me to it.

Niki & Jimmer