Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 19:26:55 -0700
This post has been written to someone that MAY belong to the FML.  Just
in case he/she is here, this needs to be said:

So, was it you??

Was it you who dumped off an adrenal boy at a mainly cat/dog shelter in
Toronto on June 26th?  Was it you who's responsible for this kid's death
sentence by denying him the badly needed vet care?  Was it you who forgot
the good times, laughs and warmth in your heart that came from this
little one being in your life?  Was it you who tossed this kid away like
a used diaper?  Was it you who was selfish, heartless, cold, pathetic and
EVIL enough to do this?  Was it you who spent the last moments of your
life terrified, confused and alone, wondering where your beloved human
has gone?  Well if it WAS you, you should be pleased to know that he's
dead now.  This precious little soul spent the last days of his life in
hell with dogs barking, cats crying, strange voices, cage doors banging,
strange smells, the feeling of desperation from all the other animals -
like putting a sane person in an asylum.  How could you?  No really, HOW?
I've been asking myself this question over and over and over again since
this happened, because it's something my heart and mind can't comprehend
nor accept.  How could ANYONE???  Have you slept at all since?  Of
course!!  - is your answer.  Have you thought about him - just once?  Did
you even wonder for a freakin' second if he was ok?  Was your comatose
conscience suddenly ripped into action to ask yourself HOW in God's name
you could abandon this kid??  No, of course not.  NO, NO, NO.  Will you
get your comeuppance?  YOU BET.  If there's anything "just" in this
universe, your time will come.  With all my energy, I pray (to whoever or
whatever) that you pay a very heavy price for what you've done to this
innocent one.  If I could have it my way, there would most definitely be
an eternal fire - and only after I kicked the living daylights out of
your sorry ass would I toss you in it and never look back.  An eye for an
eye I say, when it comes to this kind of blatant disregard for life.  I
would have no remorse and most surely wouldn't lose a night's sleep over
it.  I'd wipe my hands clean of you, just as you did this little boy.

And something else that should please you - I spent most of Sunday night
not sleeping, but agonizing over this kid's last days on this planet.
How scared, confused and alone he must have felt and how I wished I had
found him sooner.  I think of my girls, and how I would take a bullet for
any of them without hesitation.  How I would destroy anyone who
intentionally hurt them.  I think about how my kids would feel if they
were in that boy's shoes.  So although I never saw his undoubtedly sweet
and innocent face, I feel like I failed him.  DAMN YOU!!!  But you don't
understand any of that, right?  In fact, you think I'm crazy.  Well if
being crazy is the complete opposite of people like you, then you are
correct.

For every "good" human I come across (which seems to be a rarity) there's
hundreds of others (like you) who have been hit with the pandemic "me"
syndrome.  For every good or kind act that has been done, there are
thousands of selfish ones that completely obliterate all hope I may have
for this race and any kind of redemption..... When and **if** you ever
develop a conscience, I hope you choke on the reality of this.  Like all
other kids - he only wanted to be loved, and it wasn't HIS damn fault for
getting sick!!!