From:
Diane Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 05:16:34 EDT
I read with alarrm the question regarding using canine Advantage on
ferrets.  Under NO circumstances should this be done-and that can be
checked with the manufacturer.  Off label use if FELINE Advantage is safe,
however watch the dosage.  The ferrets do not use a whole tube of either
weight size-again, this can be checked by calling Bayer.

Also when using flea shampoos, make sure they are safe for kittens.  These
are poisons and if used incorrectly will kill the ferrets along with the
fleas.  I spent many nights working at an emergency hospital for animals
and saw way to many animals brought in extremely ill, and in some cases
dying because the owner didn't bother to take the time to read a label.

IMNSHO, these are the same people who sue because they can't figure out hot
coffee can burn them and get cut because noone specifically told them that
knives can cut.

It's a whole lot smarter and inexpensive to ask if you're not sure about
something than to try to repair the unrepairable later.  And please.
please, please, read the label on any product you'll be using around you
ferret or any other animal.  It could save its life.