From:
Kit West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:26:10 EDT
>There is a book on the market called "Food Pets Die For." By Ann N.
>Martin and Foreword by Dr. Michael W.  Fox.  Many of us feed our ferrets
>cat food.  There are also many households with ferrets, cats and dogs.  It
>is informative reading as what goes on in the multi-billion dollar pet
>food market.  It is unregulated.  Very interesting reading.  This book was
>mentioned on the FML either last year or the year before.  Have not seen
>it mentioned since.  I thought it is a ood time to bring it up again with
>the IAMS debate.

I read through this book when it was first metioned on the FML.  Something
didn't seem quite right about it.  The fact that a good portion of their
"information" comes from PeTA, which has as part of its agenda the
elimination of ALL pets/companion animals, and service animals, causes
me to question the veracity of the claims put forth.  I don't trust
information about the "evils" of the pet food industry when it comes from
an organziation that is anti-pet in the first place.