Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:02:15 -0700
Hello all,

I so wish I had good news or a funny story to relate, however, I do not.
My deaf and blind 7 year old fuzzie has passed.  He left me last week and
it is only now that I am able to write this.  As I sit typing the tears
stream down my face.  I keep wondering if this ever gets any easier.  You
see, I have been taking in unwanted, ill, and poorly cared for ferrets
for about 5 years.  I have lost so many now that I have to really think
to remember all their names.  Yet, as I sit here, I can barely see to
type through my tears.

I love animals, especially ferrets, and it hurts deeply to know that I
can only help so few.  If only people would realize that all beings be
they great or small have the right to a safe loving environment.  My
partner often asks me why I continually put myself through such pain.  I
answer her by holding Moose, Rugrat, Milo, or any of our 21 ferrets to
her chest and saying this is why.  She of course understands immediately.
It however, does not make it any easier on her to see me in such pain.
She suffers as I do.  We will continue to help, shelter, and love as many
as possible.

I adopted Teddy from the most wonderful shelter person named Donna.  She
runs the Educated Ferret in South Hadley MA.  I had the benifit of living
with Teddy for about 3 years.  He touched my heart in such a deep way
that I will never forget him.  I miss him so terribly.  My one fear is
that when I get to the bridge he will not know me.  You see the only way
he could recognize me was by smell.  I truly hope he knows me when he
sees me for the first time.

To all who care as I do for their beloved pets THANK YOU!!  Please let
your little ones who have passed know to play with Teddy and be gentle.
He is a very sweet big big boy.

Thanks so much for listening.  The FML is a major support.

In loving memory of all loved ones passed.
Cheryl and Wendy