From:
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:48:36 EST
Well i finally got a day off and have a bit of time before a vet
appointment, so I thought I'd update everyone on the ferrets.

Annie Bones, who now has a nickname Babigurl, is doing great.  she is
active, her weight is normal for her age now, and she is starting to
nibble at dry food.  she goes in today for a recheck.  Her ADV test came
back negitive, but we will retest her again to be sure.  she got her full
run of the house last night and we had fun playing.  Her favorite thing
is a small rice box that was given to the shelter, she digs and romps and
loves to be buried in it.  I found her in her cage sleeping this morning.
when he is done playing she climbs up to her cage and goes to sleep in her
hammy.  She also will climb to her cage to potty.  I'm so proud of her,
she is such a good girl, my babigurl!  soon she will need a forever home
and i'm dreading the day she leaves, I've grown way too attached to her.

Now for the bad news, Shadow died Friday in her sleep.  Brenda, her foster
mom called me at work with the news, she was very upset.  shadow had gone
to long with out the proper medical atttention that she needed so badly.
Brenda and Dr. K did all she could but the damage was done.  I never got
to meet Shadow but I cried for her, this is the part of rescue and shelter
that is the hardest.  she will be cremated and put to rest with my other
shelter ferrets that have left this world.  I at least have comfort that
she is no longer in pain, and she had the best care and love ever in her
final days.  If anyone would like to write to Brenda for her efforts in
helping Shadow, please write to me and i'll send them to her.  she really
is a blessing to sick and aging ferrets.  Brenda only takes in old or sick
ferrets at her place, I finally convinced her a while ago to keep a young
ferret that was attacked by a dog.  she nursed her back to health and i
wanted her to at least have one young healthy ferret running around her
house.  she is not really a shelter but a hospice, she never asks for help
and never has turned down a ferret in need.  I'm thankful to have her here
for the shelter ferrets.

Other news, my friends that were going to help with the shelter, are
moving.  they lost thier job and had to return 6 ferrets they were
fostering.  Mike and Liz were in Arizona and took in ferrets that were not
quite ready for adoption or older ferrets.  It was like having a second
shelter.  They will be driving truck long haul and will not be around to
help with the overflow of ferrets I see every summer.  I'm keeping my
fingers crossed that it won't get to bad this year.  We've only taken in
32 so far.

I now have some wonderful ferrets for adoption or fostering.  Please
contact me if you can foster or are interested in adopting.

I did find a ral estate lady who just rescued 3 ferrets that were left
behind in a rental home, they were in the garage for 2 weeks before she
discovered them.  she is keeping them!  She found me a home but the rent
is $1250 a month, a bit much for me.  The good thing she is trying to
find me and the ferrets a new home to lease or buy, whichever I can do.
I'm on borrowed time here and need to find a new place as of yesterday.
I'm keeping the owners of this house happy for now but they really want
to sell it, and are asking way to much for this place.  I'm hopeful that
something will come along soon.

Well off to the vet!
Take care,
CJ