From:
Ann Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 1994 23:48:47 -0500
To Chris and Tavi Bear, Nina, and Scooter:

Subject: Acme Ferret Company

Since you asked,... Acme is a real company, tax number and all.  It
publishes, with the help of many talented contributors from across the
country, The Independent Voice,  a not-for-profit quarterly ferret news
service which focuses on the more serious ferret issues across the country.
We're not afraid to take on the big guys--drug companies, vets, state
governments, federal judges--whoever we feel are doing a disservice to the
ferret community. We also carry informative and original articles on ferret
health, nutrition, etc. and reports on activities of ferret clubs and
shelters/rescues in the LIFE system.

In addition, Acme is a small art house with a line of rubber stamps
advertised nationally in the rubber stamp community, including many ferret
stamps as well as other lines.

Finally, I am the national ferret coordinator for the Project Breed rescue
and education directories, and national coordinator for the League of
Independent Ferret Enthusiasts, a coalition of 12 clubs and 17shelters that
network to help each other.

If the name "Acme" makes you laugh, it was intended to (g).

--Ann & Howard Davis, Bois de Gille Baby, Lotus Blossom, Niebelung the
Dwarf, Sieglinda, Faffnir Sea Monster, Sitamani, Tiamat Bashti, and Pwyll
Prince of Dyffed.