From:
Marie Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:22:05 -0500
Heather,
This is not a flame letter, just common sense from one who know the
feeling of new ferrets not wanting to come to me.

Please give them more time,if they like treats let them come to you to
get it instead of putting them in a dish.  Also they have already bonded
with your 2.  They have to do it on their own time, not to your time
line.  Think of your ferrets and the 2 new ones, they would not be happy
being sent to a new home, they might pine away and die.  Just sit on the
floor and let the first two come to you to get treats.  I am babysitting
3 and it took time for them to get use to their new home (Mom is paying
me to baby sit them, plus she is allergies to them to boot, doctor had
her on predizone and now she has bone loss and she broke her knee,on
Labor Day Weekend) Zennie, use to bite me so hard, that it drew blood.
All I did is bite her ear, now she loves to held, rock and sung too.
Zac the Man used to scream when one of my ferrets came close to him,
now he is a very happy man with my 5 extra females and Casper is just a
Lover Boy.

How you would feel, if you were in a cell with no human contact for
months on end?  You would have to get use to being around them.  This is
what the ferrets are going thru.  Please Give them more Time!

Marie and her 8 Most Wonderful Fur Kidlets