From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:19:57 -0800
Being up here in Maine, at the end of the known world, it's not often
that we get offers of ferret supplies.  We are a small shelter that so
far, has mostly managed to survive on what adoption fees and drop-off
fees we manage to get.  We also have a few Great Sponsors and benefactors
that take care of us in one way or another.

Recently, I received an email from someone that I had never talked to,
emailed, or met.  I had seen her name on the FML, in eBay auctions, etc,
but never had we communicated.  This email was from Rose at Little Feet
Ferret Bedding, and simply said, that she had some ferret bedding that
would like to keep some ferrets warm., and wanted to know if we would
like some.

I responded back to her that we can always use extra bedding, especially
with older ferrets that are less than accurate with litter pans.  I don't
know what I was expecting, maybe some old bedding that had seen better
days, or something that she threw together in her spare time.  What we
found when we opened the package on Saturday, was some of the most
beautiful hammocks, sleep sacks and cozy beds, made by someone that
really knows what she is doing.  The workmanship was top-notch, and
you can tell they were made with loving hands.

Also in the package, was treats, F'tone, lots of ferret-eggs, and other
items that any needy shelter could use.  The kids had a blast shaking the
eggs around and quickly stashed the in all of their favorite hidey-holes.
The card in the box simply said...Enjoy, Rose.

I could have simply emailed Rose directly, and thanked her from the
bottom of our hearts, and that would have been fine with her, I'm sure.
Instead, I wanted others to know that there are great people out there,
that do things for us shelters, out of the goodness of their hearts,
with nothing asked or expected in return.  There are good people left
in this world.

Rose, you have made a couple of tired shelter folks happy, and lots of
shelter ferrets warm and happy.  Thank you!!

Jim and Crystal and the "kids" in the shelter.

Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from