Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 03:37:43 -0500
Someone posted yesterday that they thought the squeeker toys hurt ferrets
ears and that was why they seemed to hate them so much.  I beg to differ.
I think their behavior towards the toys comes from a latent hunting
instinct.  You must realize that our domesticated ferrets were at one time
wild and their prey probably made similar sounds.

If someone can prove me otherwise, I will be the first to acknowledge my
mistake.  It's just that my ferrets react the same way to birds and mouse
sounds and I really don't think that birds and mice are "hurting" their
ears.

Britta