Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 17:30:00 -0600
In my other post about why we need to get involved, I mentioned a woman
that lost her ferret today.  Her name is Tammy and her beloved ferret was
named Vex.  It turned out that Vex, her first and only ferret, was filled
with cancer.... and all of his organs were involved.

If anyone has any words of condolences for Tammy and her boyfriend, who
loved him so very much, I will print them out and give them to them.  I
know they would appreciate them.

In the meantime, Tammy and I spoke of Vex and how she ended up getting him.
Her boyfriend spotted him in a pet store and found out that he had already
been adopted out and then returned because he had ear mites.  The store
was going to euthanize him.  He convinced them that he would take Vex and
surprise Tammy with him as she always wanted a ferret.  And what a surprise
it was!

Tammy told me that Vex would leap into her boyfriends arms when ever he
needed "saving" or protection.  He loved car rides and loved to sit in
her lap, leaving only to do his business, and then returning.

It was her boyfriend who finally managed to get away from work to pick
Tammy up from the vet's office, after I dropped her off.  It was there that
Vex, who barely had enough energy to move about, leaped into her boyfriends
arms... as if to say goodbye....

I know in my heart that he will be truly missed....

If Sandee could watch over Vex who left this earthly plane today for a date
in ferret heaven... Please see that he is looked after and that he has a
soft blanket to lay upon, and maybe even a car for him to ride around in...

betty and her blur o'fur
for the love of ferrets...