From:
"D. Steele" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 09:00:31 -0800
Hi everyone!

Well, Scooter is doing great!  After the initial scare he has rebounded and
is on medication.  He tires easily but plays well and will still grab a mini
marshmallow and run!  But he is in good spirits and appears to have no pain.
He does however hate the taste of the medication and that is always a
struggle.  Sometimes I get lucky, hide it behind my back and wait for a
morning yawn.

Thanks to everyone who wrote with advice and sympathy.  Also thank you for
the offer of money to help with Scooter's medical bills.  However this is my
little boy and even though it means delaying a class or two I prefer to
handle the cost of his care myself.  But please donate to your local fert
shelter!  The wonderful job they do and how they care for our fuzzies'
brothers and sisters is wonderful.  It makes you realize what the holidays
are for and I thank heavens for them every day.  I can imagine if I had
never had the chance to know and love my babies - I would still want the
best life possible for them and a shelter might have made the difference in
their lives.  All we can say about our pets this holiday season is to thank
heaven they are with us and not with anyone who is abusive.  And because the
shelters help so many we must realize that although are pets are the lucky
ones "there but for the grace of God go I" a shelter is a place of love and
care.

I want to personally thank the shelters for their love and commitment to
ferts.  No other species deserves it more.  And those who run the shelters
are truly blessed the year around.

Donette