From:
"Jessica, Justine and Hal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 16:19:09 -0400
Just for your interest.....

I just was given a female white from the Lake county animal control folks.
They found her laying in a yard ..... Being the only shelter members in Lake
county and on the top of their problem solving list they brought her to us.

At first she laid still, was severly dehydrated, and scratched from head to
toe on many places of her hairless body.  (???  after the vet gets her we'll
know wwhy the hair loss for sure???  but we all know what to expect) On top
of that she was covered with ticks as well so she had to remain isolated
from the rest of my population.

Gatorade did the job for getting the water going and after a bit of rest
this ferret, we now call her Coconut, (most white coconuts have very little
hair, but some just like her), is now on IAMS kitten chow,, we thought she
might need hand feeding.  but she wanted nothing to do with it.  A couple of
baths, a few tweezers on the ticks, some ferritvites and a bit of ferretone
and tommorow she will be off to the Greater Chicago Ferret Asssociation to
meet our vet and get a fulll examination.

This ferret has a great personality and is very playful, if you live in
Chicago and are interesting in a foster ferret that's a lot of fun I'll just
bet Coconut will be available in a few days.......

Hal, Jessica, & Justine