From:
Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:25:02 -0500
We here at the Big Lick Ferret Shelter & Hospice (Roanoke Virginia)
want to thank the wonderful folks that sent Thanksgiving cards & wishes
our way. I have been (trying to) working on a "Thank you" picture post
card to send to those kind souls, but anyone that has tried to get any
more than 4 ferrets in one picture can relate to the difficulty factor
of that task.

I get ferrets 1 thru 3 situated with a pool of 'tone, go looking for a
few more only to come back with my arms laden with squiggly fur kids
and the original 3 have lapped up all the tone and have done the weasel
whisker rub across the floor to unknown destinations. Crud... put down
the wriggling bunch, more tone, & head off to hunt down another group.
And upon my return, yep you guessed it, the masses have dispersed
again. Double crud! I don't have Photo Shop so editing is not an
option. I'll have to recruit some helpers to entertain the kids while
gathering the masses. A work in progress!

We submitted 15 of our shelter kids for this years Giving Tree but
did so at the very last possible moment. Kris has assured me they will
make it to the tree, but we like many others weren't able to submit
until the deadline so the tree helpers are still working diligently
on getting them posted. Please be on the look out for our furbabies;
Butters, Crusoe, Dorian, Dot, Isabella, Jupiter, Little Bit, Miss,
Patch, Popcorn, Pretty Boy Floyd, Riley, Snowball, Tala, & TinkerBell.

Remember, the tree will stay up until all the babies have Secret
Santa's. And unless you've taught your kids how to read a calendar,
they won't know it's not "X-Mas" when their packages arrive. As a
matter of fact, a gift for any shelter at any time of the year makes
it feel like Christmas! So don't let the date on the calendar be your
only reason for spreading joy.

Practice random acts of kindness!

Debbie