From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:00:00 -0700
Permission to crosspost

As the Christmas time comes nearer everyone starts to think of those in
need.  and ferret shelters are no different.

Each year Kristine and Peggy put up the Ferret Giving Tree.  It is a
wonderful program.  Here is how it works.

A shelter contacts them with information on ferrets that need a special
santa.  Kristine and Peggy put the ferrets information and contact
information for the shelter on the pages.  Then a wonderful person looks
at the shelter kids page and says "I want to be santa for this baby" and
contacts the shelter with the information provided on the page.

http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/page1.html

Yep. that simple.

So now your next question are.  What do I give, how much is enough, can I
be santa for more than one?

Here are the answers:

- What do I give = talk to the shelter through email or phone.  Find out
  what they are in need of or what the ferret likes (blankies, treats,
  food, special meds, toys).  Or even money to their vet.

- How much is enough = anything you can give is enough.  Trust me.  being
  on both ends (giving and receiving) I know that it doesn't matter if
  you give a lot or a little.  every bit counts with these kids.

- Can I be santa for more than one = well of course.  there is no limit!
  You can be santa for multipule ferrets at the same shelter or different
  shelters.

http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/page1.html

There are 115 ferrets on the tree waiting for Santas

There's 7 year old Cocoa who was one of the babies from the NJ Resue that
has advanced adrenal and Insulinoma..
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/cocoa1.html

There's 5 year old Brandy who has cataracts in one eye and possibly
insulinomic.
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/brandy2.html

There's 5 year old Bella who has adrenal and Insulinoma but is very sweet
and loves her cagemate very much
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/belle11.html

There's 6 year old Phoebe who had adrenal surgery recently but is
still trying to adjust to her new life and who gets cold very easily
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/phoebe18.html

There's 6 year old Natasha who has adrenal and is going blind
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/natasha28.html

There's 5-7 year old Huey who has Insulinoma, adrenal and gum disease and
now has an enlarged heart
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/huey16.html

There's 3 year old AJ who was part of the Moorehouse College Lab
surrender.  He has Insulinoma.
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/aj38.html

There's 6 year old Squeaks who lost her blind brother this year and is
depressed over the loss of him.  She has feet problems due to the wire
that was in her cage before coming to the shelter.
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/squeaks20.html

There are so many ferrets on the tree right now that I could only list
one from each page.  there are 8 pages right now.  115 ferrets..

So..  Won't you make a shelter ferret happy this holiday season and be
his or her Santa?

Joanne
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/page1.html