Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:15:09 -0500
Has anyone recently gotten an order of Drs. Foster & Smith (The Ferret
Store Original) kibble and found that it looks completely different?
I got an bag that had much bigger, harder and different colored (dark
brown) kibble. It was very different from the usual stuff.

I wrote to and spoke with their vet who investigated and said it was
the same stuff but the manufacturer used a larger sized kibble-maker.
I got a replacement bag but it was the same stuff, so the vet told me
to wait awhile until ordering it again.

My ferrets don't like it as much, and I noticed that it is much harder
to break a piece in half.

My question is: Will the harder kibble be worse on their teeth? And if
so, can I just stop feeding it or do I have to do it gradually? It is
now mixed with TF and a little Zupreem.

Also, what's a good lower-calorie food? Klondike has gotten really fat;
it seemed to happen in a couple of weeks in November.