Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:29:15 -0500
Hi all dis is SaraFerret. Today is a lovely day at de Bridge.
Butterflies are flying and birds are singing and kits are zipping all
around and it is a bit noisy. Wonder what is up. Hmmm. Must be one of
dose days. Gets like dat once in a while at de bridge.

All of a sudden, I see a little ferret crossing de bridge from afar
off. Wowsie, he is really havin a time. He manages to makes it. He
comes ups to me and introduces himself and says Hi, my name is Lucky
and I belong to Mommy Julie, and who are you.

I tells him, I am SaraFerret, de bridge greeter.

He looks at me and says, uh whats a bridge greeter.

Well you remember your old life and then you remember crossing over de
bridge.

He looks at me and says, Yes, and...

Well, I says, dis is de Rainbow Bridge. Dis is your new life and your
new forever home.

He looks at me and says, uh and wow, but I feel much better now, so
can I just turn around and go back home.

Fraid not, I says, once you is here, this is it. But this is a great
place, no pain, no suffering, great food, no litter pans, soft hammies,
lotsa room to run and play, no cages but there are some rules you needs
to follow.

He looks at me a bit sad-like, but seems to accept it, saying do you
mean I wont ever see Mommy again. I tells him that one day in de long
distant future when his Mommy crosses de bridge dey will be reunited
and when dat happens dey can run and play together once again but
without de cages and all dat. He really brightens up den.

Then we start discussing de rules and I tells him about de wings. He
notices mine and my halo. He asks if he gets to pick out his color of
wings. Well, I tell him, dose are usually decided by de Boss, but if he
isnt happy with His decision, he can always choose a different color.
Lucky seems ok with dis, so off we go to de Wing House. Once we get
dere, he notices a big box on de counter. He goes over dere and opens
it and his mouth opens in a big "O"  He carefully lifts the wings out
and they are a sky-blue color. Wowsie, what a pretty color. Lucky says,
dese reminds me of de sky. We carefully get dem on him. Den he trots
over to de mirror. Oh what pride he shows in himself. No longer in
pain, no suffering, his fur once again fluffy like it was when he
was young. He looks at his reflection. Not vanity--just happiness.
Just absolute joy. A tiny war dance.

Den we go outside. A group of ferrets are dere to greet him, since he
doesnt know anyone here. A Welcome Lucky Banner is unfurled. Dey swish
tails and dance for a few minutes and den take him down de path to his
new cottage where his welcome party is being held. I am invited, but I
am much too busy today. I sends my regrets and promise I will see him
laters.

Hugs and loveys

SaraFerret