From:
Marie Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:43:22 -0500
We fixed up a cage for Mya and RJ (which they were use to being caged)
the first night we caged them, then after that they had free roam all day
and night.  They always went back to the cage at night.  We just let the
ferrets do their way of saying hi to the other ferrets.  So far there has
been no fights, just sqeaks and air brush tails.  They are getting to
know the new sisters and it is working out great.Sometimes, there is no
fights with newbies, but it may take longer for the newbies to used to
the other ferrets.  It can from 6 months to a year before all is done.
I know I have been there and one it.  So don't give up after a little
while, don't rush it either, let the ferrets do it on their own.

Marie and her 6 Most Wonderful Fur Kidlets