From:
Beth Stoker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 07:56:07 -0700
I was talking with a friend of mine who was thinking about bringing in a
ferret into her family.  I believe she has three cats right now.  She was
concerned with how the cats would respond to the ferret.  Before I go into
another question let me ask my primary question.

Would ferret waste be a deterrent to a skunk?

My friend lives near a reservoir and has had a number of skunks trying to
start a residence under her porch.  We were wondering if ferret waste was
turned into the dirt around the borders of her lawn would the skunks be
less likely to enter?

Ok my other question - I volunteered to bring my two girls over to her house
- caged, of course, to help to determine if her cats would be able to handle
a ferret joining their family.  I want to help my friend but at the same
time I don't want to traumatize my ferrets.  They have played (or tried to)
with a neighborhood cat and are on friendly terms with 3 dogs.  They never
have been reluctant to meet a new animal.  I'm just wondering if there is
anything I can do to make this a smooth introduction.

I appreciate your advice.

Beth, Minerva & Frumpstiggle the marsh wiggle