From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:51:32 -0500
Leslie,

I know the reason that Kaos has an odd gait, with uncoordinated front
and back end. We have suspected the answer for quite awhile, but with
BART! it has been confirmed. Ferrets are REALLY two little men in a
horse suit (ferret suit). They have a tough time getting together
especially when they run. You see, the guy in the back is a little
faster than the guy in the front of the suit. This causes the frequent
sideways running. Also, if you watch both front and back feet when a
ferret runs, you will notice NO decision has been made as whether they
should trot or lope. Front guy favors the trot and Back guy likes tha
lope.

Lesley