From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2013 09:33:20 -0400
Have you ever been annoyed at the negative portrayal of ferrets
in movies or on TV? Have you cringed to see them called wild or
vicious or stinky? Seen them being kept inappropriately, behaving
uncharacteristically or making decidedly unferrety noises?

Now you have the chance to help show ferrets in a positive light, as
the joyful loving companions that they are! Alison Parker ("Jake and
Jasper: A Ferret Tale" and the upcoming "The Ferret Squad") is raising
funds to make a short film called "The Magic Ferret." I urge you to go
here and watch the promo video:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-magic-ferret

If you like it, if it makes you smile or laugh or go "awww," donate $1.
Just one dollar. And if you want to see this little film made, if you
think that showing ferrets in a positive light is a good thing, donate
more.

When fundraising for Jake and Jasper was discussed on this forum,
some questioned why we should help support a for-profit venture. It's
important to note that being for profit (as opposed to a non-profit)
does not mean that what you're doing is particularly profitable! No
one will get rich from this, or even comfortably well-off! It's being
done, as are many things many of us do, for love of ferrets.

What's my stake in this? Nothing. I don't know Alison personally, but
I believe in what she is trying to accomplish. And that is to show
others what a wonderful little creature the ferret is. Accordingly,
I've donated to The Ferret Squad project and will donate to The Magic
Ferret. I hope you will too—coz I wanna see this movie! :-D

Linda
Co-founder and former co-director, International Ferret Congress
Associate Producer, The Ferret Squad