From:
Karen Daigneault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 22:19:10 -0700
Signed on tonight to find that KODO has a 48 hour "stay" of execution.
Although truely better then signing on and finding out that he had since
been MURDERED, he now has 48 hours.....

Pretty scary, don't you all think?  With all the opposition going on TO SAVE
KODO'S life, it is pretty scary to think that a judge has the authority
above and beyond the general consensus "of the people" and the actual RIGHT
to decide the fate of an innocent creature of God....

I will have to say that I agree with a post that was written regarding the
person "bit"....does this person HAVE a concious?  Why DOESN'T this person
just get the shots?  If <he> cannot afford it, certainly as opposed to
having to use the money to fly lawyers and "house them" the money could be
spent to pay the costs of the shot.

Insofar as another post written regarding the "ferret hater" that plays an
important part in KODO's fate, I will have to say this person has a major
problem.  Someone should tell her to "get a life" if her main concern is
winning a case against an innocent animal.

I'm sorry, you all, I am new to this, just signing up this week.  But the
little bit of information that I have gathered regarding KODO burns me BIG
TIME.  LET HIM GO HOME!!!!  If he is at home and does have this "speculated"
case of rabies that should have erupted a while ago, then the only person
affected would be the owner....who, at this point in time would be dead from
rabies anyway...unless now they are saying that KODO developed rabies from
the person he "supposedly bit"...

Fax is going out this evening to Govenor John Engler....

Wish I could do more...

Karen

[Moderator's note: I do believe that angle is being worked on.  The guy who
was possibly bitten doesn't appear to want Kodo killed either.  BIG]