From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:16:23 -0400
It hit me that in this time of high tension there may be those here who
object to my having referred to "humans and other animals".  Please, if
you are among those, just remember that we as a species sure are not
plants, fungi, bacteria, or any of the other options.  So, if you are
wound tight and easily take offense at someone looking at things from
a biological perspective, cut me some slack.

I've been working so hard the last few weeks that I actually used a
wrong but similar sounding biological term in something public last
week.  (I know the difference but they sound enough the same that with
sleep deprivation it just happened.)

A lot of people who are trying to help the world for the better are not
getting much sleep right now, and deserve to be treated with a bit of
tender kindness -- fewer non-essential or panicked phone calls and
e-mails when the person calling or writing could have checked things
himself or herself, fewer gripes, etc.

Want to make some of the sleep deprived people smile?  Help protect
ferrets:

http://www.ferret.org/news/2005-08-28-a.htm

http://www.ferretcongress.org

http://docket.epa.gov/edkfed/do/EDKStaffCollectionDetailView?