From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:55:20 EDT
Before I relay Sean's conversation with me about ferret legalization in
Ca, I have to first fill you in on a thing or two.  I do not discuss
such things with my boys.  I pretty much let them enjoy their childhood
with their ferrets as I did.  I also don't discuss anything on the FML,
internet, or ferret world in general in my home really.  This is because
I live it in my mind all day with you guys.  When I'm offline, I like to
take a break from ferrets and engage in other conversation, thoughts, and
activities.  Believe me when I say, the extent of ferret talk goes only
as far as this:

"Dippy wippy doo doo .... awe da baby, googoogooo ... you're a pretty
girl, yes you are, yes you are.  Rooooooocky.  Ooooooooooh Rocky..." Etc.

So with that in mind, I can only gather that Sean got his information at
the Symposium last year.  Now what brought up the topic right now, I have
no idea because I forget what was going on when he started.

Sean: "Why are ferrets illegal in Ca, Mommy?"

Me: "Well, that's sort of complicated, and well .... to make it short,
the people there just don't know about ferrets, Sean.  They think that if
ferrets are there, they will get loose, then live outside, and eat the
birds or some junk like that.  So they are scared, and so far they just
aren't listening to experts.  But I couldn't tell you why, other than
they are scared and just don't know any better."

Sean: "What?!  They can't jump to eat birds!  They're like dogs and cats
anyway.  Cats hurt the outside animals really bad, you know.  Really bad.
They can jump and grab a bird in a snatch don't you know.  Ferret's don't
live outside anyway."

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com