Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 17:00:17 -0500
>As well, they want me to cover all costs incurred for their vet bills for.
>all of their ferrets who got ECE as a result of them adopting our ferrets.
>I have no problem with this except I can hardly keep up with our own
>shelter vet bills, never mind someone else's.

>My questions 2 U R do other shelters cover costs incurred to ferrets that
>were adopted through them with ECE?  And, is it morally wrong for me to not
>pay $145 for a neuter elsewhere from where the certificate states?

Well, I'm not a shelter and not a vet but personally, I feel you're not a
pet store, either, and didn't SAY you'd cover any of it.  Some pet stores
will cover costs from a sick pet you just bought, but NONE I know of would
even consider covering the cost of *other* animals that got sick and weren't
bought there.

And if you say you'll pay $x.xx for a spay and they don't want to go to that
vet, then tell them you'll pay that much toward a spay at another vet and
they're responsible for the rest.  If these people aren't willing to take
responsibility for those ferrets, are you going to be expected to pay for
everything???

My ferrets are my responsibility. Once it's yours, it's yours. Personally,
I'd be going nuts at this point wishing I hadn't adopted the ferrets out to
them, but that's water over the bridge.

Good luck with this. I don't think they're being fair.

--Barb--