From:
Stephanie Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:41:21 -0700
Howdy All,

Sorry for the All in 1, but I wanted to Thank you all for the Good
Thoughts for Moose.  Things are still real crazy here, but right now,
things seem to be slowing down and will remain so, for a while.

It's been several days since I last updated you all, on Moose.  He got
his stitches, out last week and I finally returned him to the main cage,
Sunday night.  He still isn't the "Macho Man" he used to be, but he was
happy to return to his ferret family, home and a variety of hammies to
choose from.  He is doing better, but only weighs 2 lbs 2 oz.  He lost 6
oz right after surgery.  But that is still better than the 1 lb 14 oz he
was.  I can only hope & pray, he will someday return to 3 1/2 lbs +.

Doc has Moose on 0.1 cc Zantac twice a day.  This was 2 weeks ago.  The
noise is mostly down, but not entirely gone, it gets vocal from time to
time, not as much in his throat area and he has only thrown up twice
since starting Zantac.

Oh, Moose has started back to eating dry kibble.  Not enough, as far as
I'm concerned, but at least he is eating on his own again.  He loves to
be held.  As you all know, he must eat or be feed with his head up.  I am
going to move all food dishes up, so everyone will eat with an inclined
body position.  I am sure he will enjoy the company.  LOL!

Joe (my son) is home (ACL Surgery) and will be unable to work for at
least 2 more months.  He feeds Moose about 2 - 3 times during the day and
says he eats well for him and hasn't thrown up.  Of course Joe is his
buddy and Mommy is the bad person, because I give him, the nasty tasting
medicine.

Joe is also feed Snow Flake, my elderly, SENILE (forgets to eat and IF
she's in the litter box).  She is doing great, for a 7+ MATURE Blonde
lady.  This year has seen her sleep more, but she still ferrets around
for a little while between naps.  This reminds me of my Grandpa.

Thank you all so much.  I hope to catch up on my e-mails one of these
days soon.

Hugs,

Stephanie & the 9 Closet Thieves:
Spanky, Moose, Snow Flake, Nikki, Ruby Jean, Sonny & Cher, George &
Gracie
Plus:  TAZ, Dara Nin & Monkey