From:
"H. R. Buckley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 21:08:42 -0500
First of all, our heart felt condolences to Dr. Williams. Our hearts
go out to you in you time of loss.

To the person who is afraid their ferret has more time for there
surroundings than for them. Look at it from a ferrets point of
view. Their either asleep or caged up for part of the day, and life
has been going past them.  There are new things put into their
surroundings and some things taking out.  New smells and sounds
all the time.  They just have to get out and explore them before
they change again .And they also have to try and save some of these
new things by  stealing them and hiding it in there treasure trove.
Think of a child in a new surrounding and you have their hand and
expect them to stay by you and not touch anything or say anything
that may bring attention to them.  Now that's cruel.  So your baby
<back to the ferret> gets out  and zoom he's taking in as much as
he can, before   A.. You put him to bed  or B..  He has a nap attack.
I'm just thankful my pets don't get rid of me because they don't have
time for me. Take heart after awhile they'll realize that they  Have
Not  been giving mommy or daddy quality time and then they are
suddenly  your shadow .Watching every thing you do and zooming past
you at warp speed trying to get you to catch them. Mine following me
around part of the morning each waiting to be picked up and cuddled
and then their off exploring and ignoring me till they have a nap
attack. That's when I get my quality time because I cuddled them all
the way to their cage and there too tired  to argue with being picked
up.  I really think they like it anyway.  So remember your ferret
will always keep you and love you even though they can't spend
enough time with you.

Margaret, Richard,
Smokey, Pixie, Boots and Ping.