From:
D K SADOWSKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:00:53 -0400
>I feed it MF food, but its poop smells terrible!  Oh, but look!  MF has
>this Bi-Odor stuff you put in the water to get the smell away!  Problem
>solved!

Ok, I just want to give a little input on this comment and this is not a
flame but something for you to think about.  You said you feed MF food
and the poops smell.  Have you ever thought why they smell?  MF's food
was originally made for the MINK they bred and it is made from fish which
MINK eat.  So to correct the odor problem that their food causes, they
decided to make & sell a product to add to the water and force your
ferret to drink, yet causing you to buy another product from them to
support their industry.  If you fed your ferrets a high quality food made
with a Turkey and/or Chicken, or even the Natural Diet/Whole Prey, you
wouldn't have that much of an odor problem.

The person(s) that sells a product should be the ones educating the
public, not the ferret owners themselves.  (Although it is a good idea
to educate yourself with the proper information.)  Because the ferret
farms won t do this, it falls on the shoulders of the ferret community
to educate the public and do the companies' job for them.  Small
private ferret breeders as well as the ferret rescues/shelters educate
prospective owners before ferrets are adopted out, so why can't the
ferret farms do the same thing?  Because they are only in it to line
their pockets with green backs.

This is my opinion, but I'm sorry this is how I feel.

Debi