Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 13:57:19 -0500
>From:    Barbara A Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
>My Peanut loves to get behind the stove and especially get into the bottom
>drawer with all the pans and such... Not to worry, we have an electric
>stove (no pilot light to burn himself on).

Hi Barbara!

Allow me to add my .02, please.  Electric stoves are connected to 220 volt,
40 Amp power, and that connector and wires just may look like something a
fert would like to bite, nibble and chew - and that kind of voltage/amperage
would kill or seriously maim a ferret.

While it might be possible to get inside your stove and design a way of
isolating the electrical connection, my advice would be to keep them away
from the stove.  BTW, even the "pilotless" (electrical spark) stoves are not
without their pitfalls.  There are 120 volt wires under our stove which
travel to the igniters for the oven and broiler.  When my wife and I went
into our new pilotless stove and saw the maze of wires, we just decided to
keep the ferts out of the kitchen...

                         Peace,

                         Sonam