From:
Deanna Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 1997 13:54:21 -0400
Hi there me again,

I posted yesterday about taking one of me fuzzys to show and tell for my
daughter.  I just wanted to share an update with you all...... I will be
bringing Stinky, I was originally thinking of Pepper because he is a calmer
ferret and will stay in my arms with out much of fight.  He is more content
of the two, whereas Stink will be *sceaming* to be put down so that she may
join in the fun with the kids.  My reason for taking Stinky is quite simply
because she has *never* bitten not even we rough house.  Pepper on the other
hand is getting worse, he used to bite when we played and when he was very
excited (what I would call a playfull biter).  Lately he has included
getting my attention to his list of bites.... Today I walked into the room
to clean out the cage and he jumped on my leg biting me, I shook him off and
yelled at him, he went wardancing away having a great time for himself.
After that I was cleaning out the cage, shaking out the towels to remove the
bits of food they like to leave when he *attacked* my arm (by that I mean he
was playing jumping high and bouncing off the sides of the cage again having
a grand time for himself).  He has gotton me a good four times this week all
four were hard enough to break skin and cause me to bleed.  The first two
have even left a small bruise where he bit.  I have tried putting him in his
cage after these incidents put he just goes to sleep after a minute or two
and Stinky gets her feeling hurt I think by being locked out.  She claws at
the door to be let in so I then end up leaving the door open after only 5
minutes of puinshment for Pepper.  I'm thinking five minutes is more than
enough time since he ignores his punishment anyway.... am I right or wrong
on this one?  Also I'm not crazy about hitting him but I must admit I
grabbed him (he wouldn't let go of my arm) and swatted his nose area.  I
didn't do it very hard as he is so small but he did let go and just look at
me like hey what was that for.  Does anyone think a flick on the nose would
work better than a time out?  I'm lost as to what I should try next, he is
not biting in defense or because he is angry those I could almost
understand, this is just his way of playing.  Both babies are only seven
months old and very active.  Any help would be greatly appreciated by me and
Pep the bully boy.

Thanks again,
Deanna

P.S.
I bought Totally Ferret a few weeks ago and have noticed a significant
improvement in thier coats appearance or is that because Fall is coming?
They were eating Iams Kitten before that.