From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:29:36 -0500
Tip: use numbers or letters that are well spaced on the keyboard.  We've
had woes form a hard disk being renamed, and once a ferret typed in
"frrrrt" which is a lot more impressive till you realize how close those
three letters are on the keyboard.  Then again, FLO could be right... I
guess we won't know till one of the spy cats or dogs reports in here.

'Chopper the Ferret Helicopter was partly deaf and could not hear high
pitched sounds.  It was her habit when she couldn't hear sounds to touch
the person's lips while the person was speaking.  There was a woman we
knew with an incredibly high voice who never did catch on that she wasn't
doing that due to a love of her voice so we never told her.  (Same sweet
person who, when she first saw that Scooter had a deformed paw exclaimed
worriedly, "And it's his writing hand, too!") Avoidable deformities that
reduce life quality are sad to me, having encountered ones purposefully
bred for when folks wanted long fur, extremely short face, certain fur
patterns, etc.  and having taken in some very seriously affected
individuals and read of others.