From:
Helen Lisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 1995 18:34:05 -0500
Hi All and Happy New Year!

I'd like to introduce myself to everyone on FML.  My name is Helen Lisk and
my husband, Ken, and I are owned by 5 ferrets and 3 cats.  The ferrets are
Rascal, Prima Dona (both sable sprites), Pede (albino gib), Beasty Man
(Silver mitt gib), and Maximillion (Cinnamon gib).  Then there are Spanky,
Stiemy, and Swee'Pea.  I am the Secretary of the Garden State Ferret Club and
Ken is the President.  I've really enjoyed reading all about everyones tales
on FML.

For Franny who wants to know any breeders in NJ:  A very good friend of ours
is a breeder.  His name is Pete Koch - Friends of Ferrets.  Pete has brought
ferrets over from Germany to start a new bloodline in the US and his ferrets
are Gorgeous!  I know; Maximillion is half german.  Pete breeds for
temperment so his ferrets are very sweet.  Maximillion weighs in at 5 lbs and
just turned 8 mos.  You can call him at (609)586-9526, He's located in
Mercerville near Trenton.

For John and Anna, whose ferret "goes" on the chair:  My ferret, Rascal used
to climb up on my recliner and go.  She is very good about using her litter
box and this is the only other place she will go!  We figured she hated the
chair and was giving her opinion of it.  We put a throw pillow on the chair
and she never did it again, that is of course unless the pillow fell off the
chair, then it was fair game again!  We never did figure it out.  So we just
keep the pillow on it and she leaves it alone.

To Linda who just lost her beloved C-pi:  My sincere condolences to you.  I
can't imagine losing one of my guys, Rascal is our first ferret and she is 5
years old this year.  The only thing I can say is that C-pi had a good life
with you and you will always remember the laughs and good times she gave you.
 You did the best you could under the circumstances and I'm sure she knows
that.  Again my deepest regrets.

Helen, Ken and the carpet sharks :)