From:
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 10:43:04 -0700
>From:    Beth Stoker <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Shelter questions

Not all shelter operators call themselves "Shelter Moms" or "Shelter Dads".
Some of us understand the differences between children and pets.

Not all shelter operators are convinced they and they alone can decide who
is a suitable owner for a ferret.  We do NOT ask about income as its none of
our business.  We'd only ask about children to help choose a ferret suitable
for children - unfortunately not all are.  Living space is kind of relative.
Now that we live on almost 15 acres we'd feel too cramped on even a half
acre lot while just two years ago we were content with our quarter acre lot.
It wasn't that long ago that we lived in a townhouse.

We do not believe that folks seeking to adopt a ferret should have to ever
defend themselves.  Not everyone should be allowed to have pets; we'd never
place a ferret with someone who wanted it as a feeder animal for a larger
carnivore for example.

Seems that those that complain about the people that try to adopt from them
and turn down adopters should also not complain that they are overcrowded.

These opinions do not make us popular with the more zealous set but we
aren't seeking popularity.  These opinions are ours and should not be lumped
onto anyone else we are associated with.  Danged disclaimers...

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]