From:
Judy Tribbey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 05:54:04 -0600
I had one ferret that absolutely ADORED pickle juice! Whenever I came
out of the kitchen with the blue bowl that carried pickles, he knew
it! No matter where he was in the house, he someone sensed I had the
pickles (and juice). Usually, he was waiting in my chair for me to sit
down & put the bowl down. I let him have as much juice as he wanted
since it never seemed to bother him in any way. It sure was fun for me
to watch him licking away! Once, he even tried to steal a pickle - but
I told him firmly, "No, that's Mommy's pickle. You can have the juice,
but not the pickle." I think he understood me, 'cos he turned & looked
at me, then left the pickle there and attacked the juice again!

I sure miss that little dickens. None of my other kidlets have that
same predilection for pickle juice, although Popcorn tends to eat
just about anything else. He turns up his nose at pickles...but he'll
eat pretty much anything else I have.

-Judy (mom to Popcorn, Banana and Conrad)