From:
the return of weezilarchy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 07:34:04 -0800
>1-Average Age of a Ferret Owner:

i'm 23, the Boy is 29... so i guess we average to 26. ;)

>2-Marital Status:

unmarried, but living with SO

>3-Percentage of Male/Female Owners:

he thinks they're mine when it's time to clean up after them. i think
they're his when they misbehave.

>4-Average Income Level of Ferret Owners:

not much, but our combined income will increase within the year, as i
will be done with school and working full time in addition to his FT job.

>5-Size of their family and/or number of children:

no children *Knock on Wood!* but several other pets.

>6-Number of Ferrets on average they own:

we have eleven.

>7-Other types of animals owned besides ferrets:

currently, cats, rats, mice, and hedgehogs.  i kinda half-claim the bunny
because my houseate is irresponsible and i end up doing the work.  *sigh*
if it was up to me the bunny would find a new home.

>8-How often owners purchase food and products for their ferret and
>other pets:

we buy food in bulk, so once every month or two.  litter/bedding gets
bought once or twce a month, typically.

>9-Where do you find owners typically purchase products for their pets

petsmart/online

>10-How much money on average do ferret owners typically spend on
> their ferret and/or other animals. -   including meds and surgery:

i dont' even want to *think* about this!  heh.  right now, many of ours
are young, and we have simply been lucky with some of the older ones.
but before meds and surgery, figure $547 annually for vaccines...

i'm expecting one to two sugeries a year int he next couple years, then
possibly 3-4 once the younger ones get into the 4-5 year range.  so
that's 1-200 dollars per surgery... (costs are fairly low here).

so--$600-$1000, probably?

the boy and i are starting a savings account *specifically* for the
purpose of saving back funds to have *set aside* for a few years down the
road when we're likely to run into more frequent health problems, though.

>11-Do they belong to a ferret organization:

they are the Weezilarchy Brigade, an organization in their own right.

-k-

=====
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.